Thursday, June 28, 2007

Spider Lina What?

Hijackqueen and I were on MSN one day and I mentioned about how loud my snoring is so she said its to do with my health and recommended I start taking Spirulina and I said; "Spider Lina what?" to which she explained is some kind of algae that's good for our health. Eww...algae!

She said she's been taking it for 8 years liao and swear by it and recommends to every Dick and Harry she knows like her friend's child who was a snorer also but after taking it the snoring stopped. "Wuah! Magic pills I must try!" said I and off to Google I went and found an Australian site where they sell some thats made here in Oz. I didn't even pay much attention to the website but Hijackqueen read the page and found that they give free sample to anywhere in Australia so I mah asked for sample lor.

Today the sample arrived, it came in a bottle of 100 tablets with a brochure, order form in case I love it so much I wanna order straight away and a CD containing what I also dunno. Haven't check it out yet but I opened the bottle and golly gosh gosh! It has the most awful smell imaginable! How can I swallow something that smells so terrible wor?! Let me think about it first before I venture into the unknown world of smelly green algae Spirulina. But if you know about this product do let me know ya!

9 comments:

clement said...

ewww, dad have been taking tat.. it's soppose to be good for body, i never took any

Anonymous said...

Mum even bought a few huge bottles back when she went to Aussie...but different brand lah...

All I know about Spirulina is that it is the almost perfect supplement in the world. It only lacks Vitamin C. The rest of the minerals (dunno how many hundred types)are in the Spirulina. So no need buy too much supplement other then Spirulina and Vit C.

Oh, it is called Spirulina because of its spiral structure when viewed under the microscope.

Er...other than that...I blur dee...LOL!!!

Serenity said...

snoring + spirulina? that's a first. try the Sona Pillow (www.brookstone.com) or nasal strips. worst case, go for surgery! that shud save u the agony of spirulina ;)

Anonymous said...

My dad also snore very loud wor...tell me if it works for you then I'll recommend Spider Lina to my dad.

Anonymous said...

it aso give u lotsa energy!

so..theresa also have to take...to keep up! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Snoring might be from Sleep Apnea. See a Doctor as you might need a CPAP machine like mine. [Pumps oxygen into your so you don't stop breathing during the night].

I used to snore like a steam train. Especially when I got sick.

never heard of Spirulina helping snoring though. It is used as a weight loss tablet [shifting peoples fat cells] and often people who lose weight will stop snoring if their snoring is weight related!

-Dabido

Anonymous said...

can i msn u too? :)

Wuching said...

clement: does ur father looks healthier now?

clare: ur mum must swear by it! very good?

serenity: i doubt it too but thats what i was told..

che-cheh: well do!

mott: and going and going and going...

dabido: i went to see a doctor about it one day & she basically told me to live with it!

bengbeng: of course u can, my addy is wuchingofthewhills@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

*Disclaimer: It works for me and might not work on you.*

Snoring thing was told by friend. I started them when daughter (back then 18 months) had constipation. It work wonder but after a while....

Just eat la. Won't die wan. For health reason ma.