Friday, June 08, 2007

Spyware Ruined My PC

Not that long ago I did a naughty thing by using a file sharing software to download some files off the internet. It all went very well until one day when I must’ve downloaded some kind of malicious spyware. From that day on every time I booted on my PC I got this annoying ad popping up every few minutes even when I wasn’t on the internet. Moreover my PC ran extremely slow as well.

So damn annoying it was, I tried everything I knew how to try to find this spyware hidden inside my PC but to no avail. I thought my antivirus software would find it and get rid of it so I tried that first but all I got from the stupid antivirus software was that my PC was clean from virus. Next I tried using windows update hoping Microsoft would’ve known about this problem and created a fix for it but of course that was just a waste of time. Later I downloaded some free spyware program to scan the hard drive but it just made things worse! Now I got more ads popping up all the time!

In the end I just formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows and all my relevant software again. But this time to make sure I don’t get into this problem again I found a really good Spy Sweeper software from Webroot Software recommended to me from a reliable source. Spy Sweeper gives me a peace of mind while I’m on the internet by monitoring all malicious spyware programs before they can infect my PC. Now I can continue with my file sharing without worrying about any spyware since I have a spyware bodyguard protecting my PC!


No comments: